What is the difference between printing, printing and dyeing
Printing (digital printing) is a partial dyeing. Therefore, when the same type of dye is used for printing or dyeing, the physical and chemical properties of the chemical auxiliaries used are similar, and the dyeing and fixing principles used are also similar. , The dye on the fiber must also have the various color fastnesses that the fabric should have in the use process such as taking, these are the common points of printing and dyeing.
The difference between dyeing and printing
(1)The dyeing solution generally does not add thickening paste or only a small amount of paste, while the printing paste generally needs to add more thickening paste to prevent the pattern from permeating and causing the pattern to be unclear. Or distortion and prevent dye migration during drying after printing.
(2)The dye concentration is generally not high during dyeing, and the problem of dye dissolution is not too big, so co-solvents are often not added, and the dye concentration of the printing paste is higher, and because more paste must be added to the color paste, so It will make it difficult to dissolve the dye, so more co-solvents are often added. For example, urea, alcohol, dissolved salt B, etc.
(3)When dyeing (especially dip dyeing), the fabric has a longer action time in the dye bath, which enables the dye to diffuse and penetrate into the fiber to complete the dyeing process. When printing, after the paste added in the color paste is dried to form a film, the polymer film affects the diffusion of the dye to the fiber. It must rely on post-processing methods such as steaming and baking to increase the diffusion rate of the dye to help the dye Dyed with fibers.
(4)Two different types of dyes are rarely used for color matching during dyeing (except when dyeing blended fabrics), while printing often uses different types of dyes for joint printing, or even printing with the same size. In addition, there are many processes such as discharge printing, anti-dye printing and anti-print printing, so the design of printing process is different from dyeing.
(5)Printed fabrics have white ground printing, or whitening and anti-white printing products. Therefore, the pre-treatment of printed fabrics is required, which is similar to the requirements for whiteness of bleached fabrics, while dyed fabrics have higher requirements for whiteness. Lower.
(6) The semi-products of dyed cloth require better capillary effect to facilitate the diffusion and penetration of the dye into the fiber during dyeing. When printing cloth processing, printing and drying are continuous, often completed within a few seconds at the same time, and the pattern at the printing area is required to have uniform color, clear outline, smooth lines, and continuous lines. Therefore, the scouring and bleaching semi-products of printed fabrics require not only a good capillary effect, but also a uniform and good instantaneous capillary effect, so that the fabric can use the capillary effect to print the pattern at the moment of printing. Color pastes are "collected as per bill."
The differences between printing and dyeing are as follows:
1.The concealing property of printing on grey fabric defects is better than that of dyeing.
2.Printed fabrics have very strict requirements on the weft skew of semi-finished products.
3.Dyeing and printing may have special requirements for the same type of dyes.
4.Dyeing and printing have different requirements for pretreatment of semi-finished products. (Such as whiteness, gross effect)
5.Do not add or add a small amount of thickening paste to the dyeing solution, and add more thickening paste to the printing paste.
6.When dyeing, the dye penetrates and diffuses sufficiently. When printing, the dye is not easy to diffuse and penetrate, and it must be steamed or baked.
7.Dyeing solution, the dye is easy to dissolve, no co-solvent is added. For printing paste, add more co-solvent.
8. Dyeing rarely uses two different types of dyes to match colors. Printing often uses different types of dyes
The similarities between printing and dyeing are as follows:
1. If the same type of fiber is dyed and printed with the same dye, it can have the same color fastness.
2. The physical and chemical properties of the chemical additives used are similar.
3. The principle of dyeing and fixing with dyes is similar.
Zhengzhou New Century Digital Technology Co., Ltd.,- (Fedar Printer:www.fedar.com.cn)is a high-tech enterprise specializing in research, manufacture, sale and service of sublimation printer，digital textile printer ,inkjet heat transfer printing machine and related consumables.
By cooperating with world famous printhead manufacturers and software suppliers, we integrate exquisite and practical technology into our products. Up to now, fedar printer has independently developed a series of mature products.